KiwiCover provides a self-help, no advice, low-cost facility to help you get your insurance sorted.
Underwritten and Issued by AIA
All policies offered through KiwiCover are underwritten and issued by AIA New Zealand Limited, New Zealand’s largest life insurance company.
What does ‘Poua he Parahau’ mean?
The concept of KiwiCover is summed up perfectly in the expression Poua he Parahau. Formulated for KiwiCover by the Māori Language Commission, Poua he Parahau means “to establish a protection or a defence”. And that’s exactly what insurance is intended to do—it provides financial protection by establishing a defence against the unexpected.
Financial Advice Provider Disclosure Statement
KiwiCover Insurance Limited (‘KiwiCover’, ‘we’, or ‘us’) is a registered financial service provider (FSP251065) and holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of Advice
KiwiCover does not provide regulated financial advice within the meaning of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
KiwiCover does not charge any fees to clients for our services.
Incentives and Conflicts of Interest
KiwiCover receives commission from AIA for effecting insurance policies for clients. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
We also receive commission each year for administering policies, including assisting clients with enquiries, claims and changes to policies.
From time to time, we may also receive assistance program payments from AIA, and occasionally other rewards such as tickets to sporting events and incidental gifts customary in New Zealand.
KiwiCover, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, is bound by the duties in sections 431I, 431K, 431L, and 431M of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 to:
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill; and
- Give priority to our clients’ interests; and
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services; and
- Meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.
If we provide a financial advice service to you, and you are not satisfied with that service, or if you are not satisfied with the insurance administration services you have received from us, you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at PO Box 100, Wellington 6140.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it in accordance with our internal complaints process, as follows:
- We will compile all relevant information relating to your complaint, which may include contacting you for further information. We will then carefully consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by email or telephone to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint, and if so, how we propose to do so.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within that time, we will let you know.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL) – A Financial Ombudsman Service. FSCL is an independent external ombudsman and dispute resolution service that has been approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs under the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008.
FSCL provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction using our internal complaints process.
FSCL can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 0800 347 257, or by writing to PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145.
This Disclosure Statement is provided by KiwiCover Insurance Limited, PO Box 100, Wellington 6140.